Search This Blog

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Pregnant & Hungry

I’m 39 and I am having my second child. A blessing I thought I would never have experienced again. Still, it was unplanned and I have fought with my weight (at 27% body fat) for over 6 years now. I was determined in my pregnancy as in my first to gain only the necessary weight to keep my baby healthy.

In my first pregnancy, 17 years ago, I had a beautiful baby girl. At the time I was 102 pounds and had to gain 40 pounds according to my doctor. My final pregnancy weight was 142. This year my daughter and I are applying for universities all over the country, something that makes me sound crazy - a new baby on the way again after so many years with one on the way to college (YIPES).

The personal concerns I have are put aside while I concern myself most with how to keep my baby healthy and keep my pregnancy weight down as this time I actually shouldn’t gain more than 15 pounds the entire pregnancy. I hope you will join me on my little journey, with my pre-pregnancy weight at 156/157 for the last 6 years and my current weight at 157.5 after 17 weeks.

I eat three meals a day or I eat 5 small meals, I am blogging for comfort and memory and hope I can share some personal thoughts that will help other moms with similar concerns. Enjoy and write back, it will help me network about other things I am experiencing.

1 comment:

  1. I can relate, my oldest is 15, I have an almost 3 yr old and just found out I'm pregnant-BIG surprise! I too had to gain 40 lbs the first time, hoping for 25 max this time. Hope to share our stories.

    ReplyDelete